Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wedding Rings


My friend Jonathan Corey of Masterworks Jewelry made both my engagement ring and my wedding band. Chris helped design the engagement ring and I designed the wedding band. And they are both gorgeous. But the setting of the diamond ring is really high and I do a little physical labour at work. Plus I'm super clumsy and run into things. Anyway I decided the setting wasn't appropriate for my office. I didn't want it to get scratched or chipped.

When I designed my wedding band it was with a flat setting in mind. I had browsed Etsy looking for ideas and settled on something from My Heart Monster. Using those ideas Jon designed a ring with 4 aquamarines in a low profile setting. The aquamarines are Chris's birth stone which is super cheesy and awesome. :)


Anyway the rings were never designed to match, which they don't. And I tried wearing them together but the clashing really bothered me. So I put the engagement ring in a box. But I missed it.

About 3 weeks ago I decided that I would buy another wedding band. One to wear whenever I'm in the mood for a sparkly diamond ring. Crazy, I know. But it arrived today and it's perfect. Yay!

I can't wear it yet until Chris see it. But that should be in less than an hour. And then it will be 'the more rings the merrier'. I wonder if this means I'll have to do another Ring Warming Ceremony?

No comments:

Post a Comment