Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Teamwork



Chris and I are normally an excellent team. We have very similar tastes and preferences which made wedding planning really easy. However we don't work well together on house projects. I don't like the professor voice he uses when he's telling me how to do things. It bugs me to no end. My first experience with this was 4 years ago when we moved in to our house together and started to redo the kitchen. Chris was lecturing me on how to put in the new flooring. I think we got about 4 pieces in before I gave up to save the relationship. Yes Chris, I stopped helping you for the greater good. :) Aren't I sweet?

Luckily most of our projects aren't so big that he needs help. At least that's what I told myself when he gutted the bathroom to the studs and rebuilt it. I said, "The bathroom is too small for 2 people to work in there at once."

However, we have been living in this blue house for a long enough time. It's a very ugly blue. I have always hated it. And when I realized that we had been living there for 4 years this month I decided that was far too long to live with a color you hate. And so we agreed to paint the house. A project much too big for Chris to do by himself, so we had to work as a functioning team. (My friend told me it would go much smoother if I didn't disagree with him and just handed him tools as he required. That is so not me.)

However, much to my surprise, we worked together really well. We were super productive and painted one coat on the whole house this past weekend. Crazy. No more ugly blue!!!! And we're still talking to each other. And nice to each other. And we even had a little bit of fun! Yay! Maybe afterwards we can take on redoing the living room???


This picture was taken after all the prep work had been started...and 2 of 4 sides painted. But really, this is the before picture. The fascia boards still need to be fixed, but the front window was stripped and repainted. Thank goodness Chris has no problem with heights!



Tada! Midway point. This is with one coat on the house. So one more coat to be put on. And then on will go the new mail box, new numbers, and new light fixture. Plus we're painting the door red when we (I?) get a chance. Awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment