Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Vegan Diet - 6 days left

Six days left in the 2 month vegan diet that I am sick of. Not that I'm craving chicken or anything in particular (maybe just chocolate and ice cream). But last night was awesome. I made a soup. A sweet potato, corn and jalapeƱo soup. It was thick and yummy and took very little effort. Also it was a nice change from the Curried Lentil Soup that has been a vegan staple. Once again I am delighted that I finally bought a hand blender. I use it constantly.

I used a recipe from 2 different sources and guessed on the ingredient amounts. I had 2 very large sweet potatoes to work with and the recipes differed in potato size and numbers. Everybody Likes Sandwiches was the one I focused on mostly because hers made more soup and I have a habit of returning to a pot of something I like until there are no leftovers for lunch. She got her recipe from the Wednesday Chef whom I have read religiously for about 2 years.

Try the links, try the soup. It's very passive cooking. I put on the onions and garlic to fry while Chris cut and peeled the potatoes. I added the broth, turned up the heat and let them boil for 25 minutes until I blended everything, added the rest of the ingredients and ate supper. Yum!

I'd post a picture but I don't have one. But I can verify that the sweet potato soup is orange and looks like a bisque. :)

1 comment:

  1. It kinda looked like sweet potato baby food but was really yummy. I just ate a huge bowl for lunch. Bowl. Bowl. Boowlll.

    ReplyDelete