Monday, October 18, 2010

Vegan Diet - 2 weeks left

We're 6 weeks into our vegan diet.

I don't think it's nearly as much fun as last time.

I'm super interested to see what kinds of habits we keep. I think I'll very quickly go back to drinking milk and eating eggs. Mostly because I don't drink a lot of milk. We have a ton of potatoes in the house from our CSA box and my favorite thing to do with potatoes is to put them in a frittata. And I can't do that. So we have a ton of really nice looking potatoes sitting in the kitchen. Just waiting for some sort of inspired idea. Vegan potato salad is pretty yummy. And they can be added to curry and chili. Ummmm..... and broccoli and potato soup. What else? Any suggestions? Please!

Also, I'm sick of pasta with roasted veggie pasta, lentil soup and couscous. Even though I made couscous just once, I find it bland. I'm still on board with the soy ice cream treats, hummus wraps and vegan curry. 2 weeks should be nothing. But last week I cheated a lot. I got home from the pasta buffet at the Delta on Thursday and I said to Chris, "The vegan pasta was super boring....and I think there was dairy in my cheesecake."

I think I should add an extra week just for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment