Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Joggins

On the second day of our 4 day honeymoon Chris and I went to the Joggins Fossil Cliffs in Nova Scotia. The building is eco-friendly and super neat.They have little display holes in the floor. And they had a café with yummy seafood chowder. We registered for the 2 hour tour on the beach. It was guided by a guy who is a grad student studying Paleontology in Halifax.

Everyone on the guided tour had to wear hard hats on the beach in case of `rock fall`. Chris quickly informed the guide about his little encounter with rock fall this spring. You know, the one where he lost the tip of his finger. Ha. The guide did that thing where you`re so grossed out you do a full body shake. It was funny. And then we walked down the beach and learned about fossils. Mostly tree fossils. And some lizard footprints. No dinosaurs. I would have known that if I had of read the website beforehand, but I did not. Oh well, I had always wanted to go and I had a really good time.

But the seafood chowder at the café...yummy!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment