Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trollin'

This afternoon my mind has been wandering. Only 90 days until the wedding and I am bumming around the Internet looking for any interesting ideas.

To begin my afternoon of internet surfing I first landed on this website: Adam Graham Photography

I went to youth group with Adam while in high school and I wanted to look at his wedding photos. There are some very pretty pictures. He has such a cute kid. He also has a talented wife who makes her own soap.

So then I landed on her website: Birch Bark Handmade Soap

I love handmade soap. I usually just collect it but I've been making an effort lately to actually use it.

Anyway on Birch Bark Handmade Soap's blog she posted a link to Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database. It's a website where you can type in a skin care product that you use and it comes up with a number on a scale of 1 to 10. Low hazard to high hazard ratings on ingredients for personal use.

I typed in 'Bed Head Shampoo" which is what I use and it came up with this horrible hazard number of 8 out of 10. They dissect the ingredients used in the product and show what each ingredient has been linked to. So an 8 out of 10 means that several ingredients have been linked to cancer, skin irritation and contains something that has been found unsafe for use in cosmetics. Eww. My moisturizer is a 6 and my make-up remover a 5.

Lovely. So I am posting the link so others can be educated/grossed out too.


2 comments:

  1. That isn't trollin'... that's just surfing. Trollin' is when you make purposely inflammatory or false statements in order to get a reaction. Your trolling for a response.

    Perhaps an example would help:

    JillAroundTown is fake and gay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Frig. Is it to late to change the title?
    Maybe I was going trollin' and I ended up just surfin'? Hmmmmm....?

    ReplyDelete